Sign in | Join free

Clothing prices is rise in next year, due to rupiah weakens

Clothing prices is rise in next year, due to rupiah weakens Source: www.indotextiles.com
Date: 12-12-2013
Visits: 317
Very Poor

Not only the price of basic needs that continues to soar. Clothing product Aka apparel prices predicted to rise 20% next year as the impact of the weakening of the rupiah against the U.S. dollar (U.S.) that lasts a few months at the end of this year. Chairman of the Indonesian Textile Association (API) Ade Sudrajat revealed a weak exchange rate trigger prices of textile raw materials become more expensive. So far, most of the raw materials in the domestic apparel production is still supplied from other countries.
 
"If rupiah continues like today even up to Rp 12 thousand per U.S. dollar, the price of clothing or textiles next year could rise to 20%," said Ade.
 
Ade claimed, actually cost of production has gone up since this year. But they still hold themselves to charge it to the public as consumers. Therefore the new price will be starting next year.
 
Employers, according to Ade, actually very difficult to decide the price increase. Furthermore according to the purchasing power of the people. But there was no other way to offset the high cost of production today.
 
He was still hopeful of dollars back to levels below of Rp 10 thousand per U.S. dollar. "But if it can not be and fixed on Rp 11 thousand then the price textiles next year could rise to 20%," said Ade.
 
This year, Ade says, the domestic textile sales will only reach U.S. $ 7.6 billion. Of that amount, about 40% contributed by the domestic textile production, while the remaining 60% of textile imports.
 
Rupiah exchange rate weakened slightly, though still able to stay below the level of 12 thousand per U.S. dollar (U.S.). Middle rate of Bank Indonesia (BI) shows the rupiah are now at a level of 11 985 per U.S. dollar.
 
Quoting BI reports, BI middle rate down about 29 points from the previous day at 11,956 per dollar positions.
like 360 Unlike 40
Users Comments
No comments to display
Are you sure you want to delete this comment.
Add your comment
User Name:
Email: Will not be published
Rate This article:
Comment:
Maximum 3500 characters
Your name
Your email address
Your friend email address
  • /images/ourservices/125-600/pricetrend.jpg
  • /images/ourservices/125-600/product.jpg
  • /images/ourservices/125-600/videos.jpg
Suntex Asia Limited
32341 Users
have already joined suntexasia.com. Shouldn't you?
Full registration will provide you access to all our free services. It takes only one minute and it is free Go here
Quick registration (it's free)
Accesss to some of our free services
Select membership
Full Name
User Name
Email
Password
Enter the code
fchiy
(Note: If you can't read the letters, reload the page to generate a new one.)
terms and conditions
 
Members Login
Already registered
Email
Password
Forgot your password
golden fees
Enter your e-mail address
Choose your room